1. Do your research. Educate yourself about your needs. It’s important when looking for in-home skilled care in Kansas City that you know what needs you will need to have met in order to succeed on your health journey. Talk to your doctor and learn about the therapies and next steps that will be a part of your future.
2. Decide what services you will be hiring out. Once you know your needs, decide which will be best met with in-home care and which may require something outside of that realm.
3. Evaluate your schedule. Look at your current lifestyle and decide how frequently the use of in-home skilled care will need to be a part of your life in order to maintain normalcy in your home and your life.
4. Ask questions of your care providers. Not only can you talk to your doctors and other medical professionals, but you can call Home Health CC and ask about services, frequency of visits needed and even specific providers that we have on our team. We’re here to make YOU feel better!
5. Set goals. Our team of highly qualified professionals are certainly here to help, and we need you to meet us half way! Your care and recovery are our highest priority and they need to be a clear priority for you as well in order to succeed.
6. Stay positive. Our body, mind and spirit are beautifully and terribly connected and when one of them is impacted negatively, it tends to spread. So, make a decision to look on the brighter side, find things to be grateful for and remember that only you can control your attitude.
7. Be prepared. This is basically the conclusion of tips 1-6. Do everything you can to be prepared and ready for any changes that are happening and remind yourself that there are ups and downs in every transition and we are here to help whether you are currently up or down!