Most people go home directly from the hospital after surgery. Even if you and your doctor planned for you to go home after surgery, your recovery may be slower than expected. As a result, you have the option to hire an in-home skilled nurse or be transferred to a skilled nursing facility.
Before surgery, it is important to decide on the in skilled home health care provider that will take care of you after you leave the hospital.
Home health CC is personalized to fit your needs, based on your physician’s instructions and your own personal preferences. Depending on the complexity of the surgery, you may receive a single type of care or a combination of services. Nurses can provide services including wound care and medication management. Physical and occupational therapists, speech language therapist, dietitian and social workers also play an important role in the recovery process.
Here are some of the services that home health care provides:
- Change dressings on surgical and trauma wounds
- Observing post-operative progress
- Medication instruction, teaching and set up
- Communicating your progress to your physician
- Pressure ulcer/Diabetic ulcer care and teaching
- Instruct Caregivers on dressing changes and simple wound care
- Diabetic Care and Education
- CHF- fluid overload education and monitoring.
- Help with transition from hospital to home reducing readmissions
- Skilled Nursing and Therapies as listed above
Depending on your insurance, some or all your home health care services may be covered. Be sure to check with your health insurance provider before arranging services.
If you are preparing for surgery, contact us today for skilled in home health care services.