Adult, especially seniors experience speech and language difficulties for a variety of reasons like speech disorders, language disorders medical conditions like, dementia, or brain injury.
Not being able to communicate can be very frustrating for seniors. They may not know or understand why they aren’t about to speak clearly. Our Home Health CC Speech Therapists will help identify their problem and determine the best treatment method for their individual needs.
Speech Therapy is often used in dementia patients to preserve brain function associated with, communication. It is also common for elderly people who have developed swallowing issues and stroke patients.
Our Home Health CC speech therapists can provide the following services:
- Patient and family education
- Eating and swallowing strategies
- Speech articulation exercise
- Non-oral communication
- Sensory skills assessment
- Cognitive skills evaluation
- Comprehension skills assessment
- Home speech and language exercise
- And all in the comfort of your own home
If your loved one is having difficulty communicating, there are quite a few consequences to ignoring these communications issues. Consider speech therapy services if your loved one: Is having problems requesting items and responding to questions, Difficulty manager finances, personal or medical matters, can’t avoid injury, and/or dangerous situations
Benefits of speech therapy
- Improve patient’s ability to speak
- Improve patient’s ability to understand speech
- Improve patient’s ability to swallow food
- Improve patient’s social life!
- Improve overall quality of life
Contact Home Health CC for a free consultation to learn how we can coordinate in-home speech therapy care for you or your loved one. Our employees are licensed, bonded and insured.