Occupational therapy is a treatment that involves helping people live more independent and productive lives by focusing on improving life skills and promoting meaningful activities which can all lead to a better quality of life. Most occupational therapists work with seniors after they have been affected by illness, memory loss or injury.
Home Health CC’s occupational therapists work closely with caregivers and patients to help patients become as active and independent as their condition will allow. Working closely with your physician’s directives, our occupational therapists will help assess the patient’s condition, create and implement a home care plan.
Our Home Health CC Occupational Therapists help seniors maintain their independence by promoting self-reliance and helping them overcome physical challenges or limitations, including cooking, feeding themselves, dressing and grooming. Our occupational therapists can also assist in helping ensure that a patient’s home is safe for them to be in.
The Benefits of Occupational Therapy for Seniors
- Overcoming daily life challenges whether it be dressing, feeding themselves or home management.
- Preventing falls because falls are the leading cause of injury among seniors.
- Home modifications like bathtub bench and grab bars.
- Better health and wellness and the Home Health CC occupational therapists have a unique twist to help seniors redesign their lives to experience a greater quality of life.
- We love working with caregivers and this gives them a break to maintain their own lives.
Home Health CC Occupational Therapy is beneficial to those of all ages but is especially helpful to seniors who are faced with physical, mental or psychological challenges.
The goal of occupational therapy is to help patients lead independent, satisfying and productive lives in the comfort of their own homes.
Contact Home Health CC for a free consultation to learn how we can coordinate in-home occupational therapy care for you or your loved one.